We want people to know that gas furnaces are not dangerous to have in their homes. If gas furnaces presented high safety risks, they would never be allowed in houses in the first place. But natural gas furnaces can potentially create health hazards if they’re neglected and don’t receive repair work promptly.
In this post, we’re going to look at a gas furnace malfunction that can turn dangerous for a household. It’s a cracked heat exchanger, and it can lead to the leak of carbon monoxide into the living spaces of a house.