During the summer, high humidity can make a hot day feel miserable. This is why we offer installation of whole-house dehumidifiers. But during the winter, the opposite problem often occurs: dry winter days and nights mean a sharper edge to the cold.
You can beat dry conditions—any time of the year—when you call us for whole-house humidifier installation. We offer all types of HVAC services in Cinnaminson, NJ, and we want to see you enjoy the best in comfort in your house, and this includes helping you find the right humidity balance.
Portable humidifiers are not the best option
It’s true you can purchase small portable room humidifiers to deal with dry air in a single spot. But that’s all these humidifiers are good for—one spot. They’re most useful for infants’ rooms, but when it comes to handling anything larger, they won’t get the job done. Portable humidifiers also don’t allow much control, which can lead to making rooms too humid. If you want a complete solution, arrange for a whole-house humidifier. This appliance is integrated into your HVAC system and thermostat so you can control humidity levels through all the rooms in your home.
The benefits of having a whole-house humidifier
When relative humidity drops down to 30% or lower in your home, the whole-house humidifier can balance out to a recommended 45%. Here’s why this is beneficial:
- Improved comfort: Lack of moisture in the air allows for heat to more readily escape from the body, making cold temperatures feel colder. Think of the extra moisture in the air as like a blanket or a coat: it slows down heat loss, and you feel warmer.
- Energy savings: Dry air can make your house feel like it’s 8°F colder than it is. When you have the humidity balanced, the warmer feel will mean having to run the heating system less and cutting down on your utility bills.
- Healthier household: One of the dangers of low humidity is that it dries out people’s mucus and sinus membranes. This removes one of the body’s most important defenses against the spread of illnesses. A humidifier will help keep colds and viruses from tearing through your household.
- Few irritants: Dry skin, chapped lips, eyes irritation—these are all dry air problems you can overcome with a whole-house humidifier.
- Less static electricity: Yes, this is a bit more minor of an irritant, but static electricity during the winter is annoying. And it can sometimes damage electrical components. With more humidity, static electricity won’t be an issue.
We also install whole-house dehumidifiers
You probably deal with both high and low humidity during the year. No worries, we can equip your home with both a humidifier and dehumidifier pairing so you have complete control over your household comfort. Speak to our indoor air quality experts, and they’ll find out exactly what you need for better comfort, health, and energy savings in your house.