Serving Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, and Bucks Counties
Your air conditioner’s refrigerant levels are important when it comes to your system being able to cool off the air. When your system is in need of refrigerant charging you may notice that the air coming out of the vents is not as cool as it usually is.
If you have noticed that your air conditioner is having trouble cooling off the air entering your home, you may be in need of AC refrigerant charging. If this is the case contact the team at Gibson Heating & Cooling today.
AC Refrigerant Charging in the Philadelphia Area
The main problem that will cause your AC refrigerant charge to lower is leaks in your system. These refrigerant leaks will lower your AC’s ability to cool off the air that enters your home and can also cause your AC system to freeze up.
Refrigerant leaks can happen in many areas throughout your system and it is best to hire a professional to have refrigerant leak detection services completed on your system.
Choosing the Right Refrigerant
Although there are DIY AC charging kits on the market, there is not a one size fits all approach. Different systems can use different types of refrigerant. Using the wrong one can cause major damage to your system–resulting in an expensive fix, compared to the relative low-cost of having your refrigerant recharged.
At Gibson Heating & Cooling, we can provide recharge any type of AC refrigerant, including:
- R-22 (Often referred to as Freon®)
- R-410A (Often referred to by a brand name such as Puron®, Suva® 9100, or Genetron® AZ-20®)
- R-407C (Often referred to by a brand name such as Suva® 407C or Genetron® 407C)
AC Refrigerant Charging Process
There is a process when it comes to AC refrigerant Charging. This process involves several steps.
- All leaks should be detected and repaired before charging takes place. This will stop further problems from occurring when it comes to your AC refrigerant levels.
- A specialist will need to work out is what type of refrigerant is used in your system, this will usually depend on the age of your system.
- The charge on your system will then be checked, this will help let the repair specialist know how much refrigerant may need to go back into the system.
- The unit will then be charged to its allowable limit. It is important not to overcharge the system.
If your AC unit is no longer cooling your home off sufficiently, contact the team at Gibson Heating & Cooling today.
AC Refrigerant Charging Specialists
If your home feels uncomfortable contact the team at Gibson Heating & Cooling for AC refrigerant charging services. Our small company offers personalized service that other companies can’t offer. We offer prompt service and allow you to get to know Ken Gibson, our company’s owner, on a personal level, this is due to the fact that Ken will often be the one that is servicing your system. Our prices are competitive thanks to our low overheads and our service is personalized so that we can meet your home’s unique needs.
If you are in need of heating and cooling services, contact the team at Gibson Heating & Cooling today, find out how our personalized service can benefit you when it comes to your home’s HVAC needs.